I still work for customers on a daily basis that run their systems on SCO Openserver 5. I find myself using the same tools regularly and sometimes compile software to help me in the process.
For my own sake and hopefully to help others, I have built binaries to make it quicker for me to add them to systems that I am working on. I run a small VM that I used for compiling and testing. I’ve chosen the latest versions of software I can get to compile without major complications.
Unless otherwise stated the software has been compiled on SCO Openserver 5.0.6 with
- Release Supplement 5.0.6A for OpenServer 5
- Support Level Supplement (SLS) OSS646C
- OpenServer 5.0.7 GNU Development Tools supplement
- OpenServer Supplemental Graphics, Web and X11 Libraries supplement
Binaries for SCO Openserver 5
- Bash 3.2.57 for SCO OpenServer 5 (includes patches for Shell Shock vulnerability)
- rsync 3.1.2 for SCO OpenServer 5
- GNU Tar 1.16.1 for SCO OpenServer 5
- wget 1.10 for SCO OpenServer 5 (without SSL Support)
- lzop v1.04 for SCO OpenServer 5 (Requires the rm command from GNU tools)
I will add more to the collection as and when I need them.