Should you need to reset the root password on a SCO Openserver 5 system, the procedure is quite simple, do the following:
- Boot from your Emergency Boot Disk.
- Type the following commands:
mount /dev/hd0root /mnt /mnt/bin/chroot /mnt /bin/su root passwd
- You should then get the change password prompt:
- Then reboot the system with:
- Login with your new root password.
Here is a video of the procedure:
This example was done with SCO Openserver 5.0.7 – I used a virtual 2.88Mb floppy with both boot and root file-system support.
If you need help or support with your SCO system click here.